Anime Lights
December 11, 2017, 03:38:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your fix right now?  (Read 8589 times)
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 10:35:44 pm »

Once again, that sounds like the sims. You can buy the community buildings and you don't have to work.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 01:50:47 pm »

It actually makes things a bit too easy in Fable II.  Once you own enough stuff, you make money much faster than you can spend it.  You can also buy potions from certain merchants that give you free experience points.  The best ones are very expensive, but with all that money you can just buy them up whenever you see them.

The simulation elements are fun though, they really draw you in.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 06:02:55 am »

Making more money than you can spend kinda broke The Sims 3. It used to be nearly impossible to get rich without cheating, now you're making money hand over fist with almost no effort. The sim I'm playing right now is worth about 3million just from writing books.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 04:01:27 pm »

That might have been an attempt to discourage cheating.  Or just a design flaw.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 03:15:14 am »

It's a design flaw. With the last two games, everyone complained that it was too hard to make money. So EA tried to fix it.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 05:18:56 pm »

More complaining due when they fix it again.  Games in general are getting easier though, I guess to appeal to a larger, more casual audience.  Easier to do things, with less time needed to do them.  Like the dungeon queue in WoW.  There was a time when you had to walk/ride/fly to the physical location of a dungeon.  Now you get teleported inside instantly as soon as the group is ready.  Saves time, but also takes something away, kinda.
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2010, 02:23:31 pm »

Saves time, but also takes something away, kinda.
It takes away the ability to find the dungeon if you die inside, or it used to anyways lol. I don't know if they fixed that after I left or not. Besides the economy, another thing that game developers can never balance is power, or faction balance. Aion was pretty bad as far as one side taking over and the other side never able to catch up. Perfect World is also really bad at least on the server I play on. One guild has control of the entire map and no one else can even make a dent in it and if they do it doesn't last for very long. There isn't enough instability built into the games to keep things from going all the way towards one side or the other. An occasional stock market crash might fix the fat economy in Sims, but I wouldn't want to drown in the ocean of QQ that change would cause ... lol

Oh my goodness! What would we do without our friends?
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2010, 11:49:40 pm »

I'm sure WoW players are getting lost on the walk back into the dungeon every day.  ^^;  Maybe they'll add a glowy trail to follow.

Letting the actions of players shape the world in some way sounds great, but it's hard to get it right.  I've heard that in Warhammer Online (which I tried briefly), things are imbalanced in favor of the forces of Chaos simply because they're seen as the cooler faction to play.  The game relies heavily on the PvP between Chaos and Order.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:59:09 pm by Webmaster_Kami » Logged
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 10:30:45 pm »

Started Ninja Gaiden Sigma on my PS3 the other day.  I always liked the Xbox original, and this version has some neat added stuff.  Hard games...  If you decide to downgrade to the easy setting, Ayane labels you a "ninja dog" and basically holds your hand for the rest of the game.  Handed me a cute white ribbon to wear on my arm for defense.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 10:37:36 am »

Still playing WoW here and there, usually after my homework for the day.  Also checking out Mariokart Wii, waited a long time to get it but I've always been a fan of the series.  Played the games obsessively back in the 90s, especially Mariokart 64, there was some kind of time trial contest involving one particular course.  Double Dash on GameCube was fun, but I can see that the Wii game is a big improvement, with all the unlockables, different vehicles and stages based on classic ones.  I have to remember to slow down on the turns on Rainbow Road, though, burning up in the Earth's atmosphere isn't fun.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2011, 08:56:29 pm »

Started playing through The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess recently, after getting my own Wii.  Took my time getting to it, there's a new Zelda coming  up, made just for the Wii.  Twilight Princess is good but is more of a GameCube port.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: