Anime Lights
April 24, 2018, 05:39:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mighty Boosh  (Read 5849 times)
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« on: September 11, 2010, 12:10:17 am »

Adult Swim's running it on Fridays at 1am again.
I saw a scan from NME about them working on an album, and they're working on the script for the movie too. I think they're both supposed to come out next year.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 09:53:30 am »

This one I'm not as familiar with, what's it like?
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 06:12:20 am »

http://video.adultswim.com/the-mighty-boosh/nanageddon.html
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 12:10:40 am »

I enjoyed that, didn't know AS had a British show airing.  The "kid" in the council that was too dangerous to bring on the retrieval mission reminded me of a character I saw in Fable II today.  At first glance it's a little girl with blonde hair in pig tails.  Then you realize the dark, deep voice that speaks of evil things is coming from her.  I believe Gorgoron was her name...  One of the gladiators waiting to fight in the game's arena.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 12:12:22 am by Webmaster_Kami » Logged
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 09:19:29 pm »

Check Y!messanger
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 09:33:25 pm »

I enjoyed that, didn't know AS had a British show airing.  The "kid" in the council that was too dangerous to bring on the retrieval mission reminded me of a character I saw in Fable II today.  At first glance it's a little girl with blonde hair in pig tails.  Then you realize the dark, deep voice that speaks of evil things is coming from her.  I believe Gorgoron was her name...  One of the gladiators waiting to fight in the game's arena.

(I thought I had more of Kirk saved, but guess not)

They've been running British shows for awhile, Dark Place, Look Around You, and the original Office.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:44:17 pm by Galaxia » Logged
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 10:02:24 pm »

You might remember this, it was a meme a couple years ago, and happens to be from Boosh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIInySnQe4I
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 11:36:43 pm »

That's one strange fish man.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 09:43:09 pm »

Comcast says that "Party" is on in 20minutes. Weird, last week they ran "Tundra". They're not running them in order.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 09:47:18 pm »

Either that or Comcast messed up.  We had a "digital migration" forced on us earlier this year, that was fun.  My digital TV has worse reception of digital channels than it used to, using their little adapter.  Guess it's time to upgrade to a box.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 09:49:17 pm »

I've had digital forever, it's always sucked. I've seen better picture quality on Youtube.
Speaking of which, AS Video switched episodes, they must of had Nanageddon up for a month.
http://video.adultswim.com/the-mighty-boosh/fountain-of-youth.html
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 10:03:05 pm »

It wouldn't be unreasonable to accuse them of false advertising, after promising a better picture after the switch over.  For a while earlier this year, they had all the cable channels in seemingly random places, like Cartoon Network on 78.2, and they looked pretty decent.  I could receive them for months, but they were just there until they were done with the migration.  The channels all look worse through the adapter, and they made recording more complicated, or receiving local HD channels.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 10:05:35 pm »

What do you mean by adapter? I've got a crappy non-HD TV, but I have a cable box. Even with the cable box it looks like crappy, gets choppy, skips, and in general looks like you're watching it on a bad internet connection.

And Comcast was right, that's Party.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 10:18:00 pm »

During the migration, they sent out free equipment to customers who requested it.  1 digital cable box, and 2 cheaply made digital adapters, none of which can handle HD signals.  They figured you'd use the box for the primary TV in the house, and the adapters in bedrooms or kitchens.  After the change, every TV in the house needed a box or adapter to receive any channels that weren't locally broadcast, so we had to order more adapters, at an additional monthly cost.  The adapters are little black boxes that have to be plugged in and have their own basic remote.  To get local HD on my TV I have to split the line and watch cable through my DVD recorder.  Or pay up for a better service plan.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 10:19:52 pm »

Oh I forgot about that. You get the same crappy service even if you pay more. That's Comcast.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: