Anime Lights
January 17, 2018, 12:26:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FUNi to the Rescue!  (Read 1509 times)
PizzaRolls
Hollow

View Profile Email
« on: September 11, 2010, 10:22:58 am »

I'm sure you guys know already but since it wasn't posted on the board I thought I'd go ahead and say it.

FUNimation announced recently that the had acquired the whole Tenchi series from the now defunt Geneon, not just GXP or OAV 3. 

They are planning to rerelease the OAVs, Universe, the movies, and Tokyo.  Tokyo isn't that big of a deal since you can still get it relatively cheap but the other two series is big news.

Unfortunately I paid for a bootleg of the OAVs last year and I luckily bought Universe at Best Buy 4 years ago when it was still under $50.00 but I thought that maybe I could stop you from doing the same.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 04:36:25 pm »

I had seen a bit of info about it, it's great news indeed.  I bought the old Tokyo DVD set online earlier this year.  Got Tenchi Universe last year, but I see it's a lot harder to get in new condition at a decent price now.
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:37:47 am »

For a long time, all of my Tenchi Muyo collection was only on VHS and only recently have I begun to acquire the DVD's. So this is definitely good news for me. It's also a good sign for Tenchi Muyo as a series - the popularity is still high enough to warrant a new round of DVD releases. Or maybe they are going to ride it on the coattails of a Saint Knight's Tale release?

Oh my goodness! What would we do without our friends?
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 10:54:32 pm »

They just may time the releases to take advantage of the American debut of Saint Knight's Tale.  Any word on that, though?  I know it only recently finished releasing in Japan.  (I learned about it's existence only shortly after that.  ^^;; )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: