Anime Lights
January 22, 2018, 12:14:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hollywood Probably Won't Make a Bebop Movie  (Read 3618 times)
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2010, 09:35:42 pm »

Early last year, Keanu Reeves scandalized the animeís legion of fans when he was announced as the lead in an American movie adaptation. Now, fans' fears might be assuaged or (conversely) their hopes might be dashed, as Reeves revealed in a recent interview with Collider that the movieís probably dead. What killed it? Cost.

So spoke the OneÖ

ďI havenít heard anything back [on the COWOBY BEBOP] movie.  They turned in the script and it was very expensive.  I donít know if theyíre going toÖit would cost, like, half a billion dollars to make that script.  So, I donít know where itís at right now."

Maybe itís a little fitting that capital would be what ultimately undid a BEBOP movie, since its characters are always scrambling for cash.   
http://www.comicvine.com/news/reeves-reveals-that-the-cowboy-bebop-movies-probably-dead/142117/

I'm relived. There's no way this wouldn't have turned out terribly.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:57:41 pm »

I had been mildly curious about it, but didn't expect a good movie if they went ahead with it.  American live action movies based on anime and games (Japanese or not) almost always turn out horribly.  It's also hard to picture Reeves doing a good Spike.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 12:29:14 am »

Even if the leaked script is good, they always have a way of ruining. The original script for Resident Evil was great, based off the first game. But the movie that came out was terrible and only loosely based on the game. Silent Hill was ok, based on the first game, with Pyramid Head thrown in, and they made Harry into a woman O_o.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 01:00:35 pm »

The newest Resident Evil movie looks more like the Matrix than the games, judging by the ads.  Always a lot of changes made as they attempt to adapt something to a movie format.  They're making a Warcraft movie, and I'm willing to bet it will be less enjoyable than the brief but well done cinematics that Blizzard puts together for it's games.  Still, probably better than the Super Mario Bros. movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtMZKYnLg5c
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 08:06:27 pm »

I've never had the displeasure of seeing the Mario movies.
There's been a Sims movie in development for years. It's probably never going to come out, but I'd love to see what they'd make it into.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 12:06:48 am »

I saw Mario Bros. when it was fairly new, and I was young enough to enjoy it at the time.  Dennis Hopper as Bowser evolved from a dinosaur to a human didn't strike me as odd, or Yoshi as something like a velociraptor.  Didn't realize how bad it all was until much later, but I continued to enjoy the games, and still play them.

One way I could picture a Sims movie is focusing on technicians responsible for running a complex and lively simulation of a city.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 12:15:30 am »

Didn't that come out around the same time Jurassic Park did? Would explain why I never saw it (Jurassic Park gave me nightmares for months).

There was talk about a reality show too a while back, but I couldn't see that working any way besides being an almost exact copy of Big Brother.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 12:28:43 am »

Hmm yeah, same year as Jurassic Park.  May not be a coincidence that Bowser was supposed to be descended from the T-rex.  The film didn't even feature Peach, it had Princess Daisy instead.  (Reading up on it now.)

A Sims reality show could possibly work.  Maybe if the characters were actual, sophisticated sims, and viewer feedback affected the course of the show.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 01:05:37 am »

Jurassic Park was probably a big influence on making everything super realistic.

I think it would have people rather than actual sims.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 01:17:36 am »

Realism in Mario really shouldn't go beyond the texture of his overalls or the stone blocks in Bowser's castles.  The early games made for a better cartoon show.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 01:21:32 am »

Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 09:29:24 pm »

Heh, I recall seeing that somewhere...  Creepy.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 10:33:45 pm »

Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 11:27:46 pm »

Heh, that too...  Don't think the Simpsons would have lasted long if he looked like that.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 11:30:46 pm »

It wouldn't have lasted, but it would have been a cult classic if he looked like that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: