Anime Lights
April 22, 2018, 02:47:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockbuster in Bankruptcy  (Read 1682 times)
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 23, 2010, 01:33:17 pm »

US stores and services will keep going, for now.  The Blockbuster downtown here could be the last brick and mortar video rental store left in the city, after our last Movie Gallery shut down this year.  They had a sale to get rid of everything in the store, including the shelves, but the good movies had all been picked clean.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6278825.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B2
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:04:58 pm »

We've got Blockbuster and Popcorn Video (not a chain as far as I know). This has been predicted for awhile and not shocking at all. Netflix is so much cheaper and convenient.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 11:46:38 pm »

Didn't surprise me either, I've been using Netflix for several years, mostly for streaming lately.  Blockbuster tried to update their services, but I guess it's just not practical to keep the stores running.  I haven't rented a game or movie from a physical store for at least 10 years.  Used to rent games often, before I could look them up online to see if I'll like them.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 12:13:42 am »

Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 12:31:48 am »

Heh, I saw that somewhere before.  Netflix has been doing well lately, getting streaming to every console, even the Wii.  Only annoying thing is having to put in the streaming disc in my PS3, but they're supposed to change that soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: