Anime Lights
January 23, 2018, 01:36:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Warcraft Expansion  (Read 7738 times)
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2011, 10:59:41 am »

Like in 2009, I took a break in 2010, but yeah, maybe it wasn't long enough.  I'm certainly not bored with the new content.  The game really is a lot of fun, with so many new quests.  I intend to see most of them before my next break.  With classes to take, I just can't get as absorbed in the game as I used to.  These things can be potentially dangerous.  :3

Maybe this will finally be the year that they reveal this mystery MMO.  A while back, they said that it won't be a game that competes with WoW directly.  Last year, a release schedule that was supposedly leaked showed it's current name as "Titan", alongside dates for Diablo 3, SC2 expansions and yet another WoW expansion.  "Titan" is kind of vague and might just be a temporary title.  It's rare when a company does this well after releasing relatively few individual products, but those few are high quality.
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 09:52:31 am »

hopefully I won't wind up bored shitless before next summer.

Well, so much for that. ^_^;;

I got about five months out of this expansion before unsubbing last weekend. There were a few reasons for setting it aside, probably the most notable was that I completed the new content on three characters and therefore I wasn't really looking forward to doing any more of that. I tried out the goblin race and made a shaman which was fun for a little while but didn't really hold my interest. The Worgen never got past the character creation screen before mee vomiting on the ugliness. >_< So like the Tauren and Forsaken, I just couldn't get past the asthetic issue, sorries Blizz. I got to see a few of the dungeons and a couple of heroics, but certainly not everything that was available. The guild I was in seemed to be obsessed with guild achievements rather than Cataclysm dungeon content unless it happened to be the daily random. So I grew weary of that guild after I realized they were never going to change their focus. The higher level crafting professions were also a big disappointment. A seven day cooldown on the material recipe means months of waiting to max out tailoring, and after all of that ... you can only learn recipes for pvp gear. >_> So, faced with the prospect of doing daily quests for the next year and a half, I decided to pack it in until the next xpac ... which will be Q4 2012 I'm guessing?

Oh my goodness! What would we do without our friends?
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 04:52:51 pm »

My WoW account isn't active at the moment.  I had forgotten to update my payment info, but even before that issue, I hadn't played for an extended period in months.  Had little time for any kind of gaming in April, with an unexpectedly busy school schedule.  It's easier to find time now, but I'm not in any rush to jump back in.  I still have the one level 85 character.  She's mid-way through the Uldum quests and hasn't started in the Twilight Highlands.  :3

Cataclysm makes a decent first impression, but I clearly haven't felt as motivated to get through the content as in past expansions.  Friends have also been moving on or taking breaks (at least, they were when I last played).  They were a big reason why I stuck around through Wrath of the Lich King.  I keep getting the sense that Cataclysm finally signaled the start of the game's slow decline.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: