Anime Lights
April 22, 2018, 02:50:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry Potter 3D Cancelled  (Read 1532 times)
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:49:39 am »

The studio said it could not complete the 3D conversion of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 in time for its 19 November UK and US release date.

Warner Bros said it did not want to keep fans waiting for the film.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 will still be released in both 2D and 3D on 15 July 2011, it added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11506354

Probably a good call, rushed 3D can sink a movie that might have been otherwise enjoyable in 2D.  I saw Clash of the Titans earlier this year in 2D.  It's not high on my list of favorite fantasy/mythology movies, but from what I've read, I saw the better version.
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:32:09 pm »

I'm not real big on the 3D presentation anyways, so I'm not worried about this. Also, CGI films like Shrek and Despicable Me seem to come out much better in 3D than live action movies do. If they release a 3D version later on next year, that will be okay because it work nice to be able to see both films sequentially with little time lapse in between them. It would make a great double feature. ^_^

Oh my goodness! What would we do without our friends?
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:51:14 pm »

That really would be a great double feature, if a bit long.  ^^;

For at least the last two Potter films, they had a partial 3D release in IMAX.  They'd convert part of the movie, usually scenes with the best fights, or most impressive visuals.  (They picked the opening scenes of Half-Blood Prince.)  I imagine the "conversion" is easier when a movie is entirely CGI to begin with.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 11:28:06 pm »

Warner Bros. also has the two Hobbit movies coming up.  Peter Jackson will direct, and they'll be filmed with digital 3D cameras from the beginning.  One advantage of the development taking forever, I guess.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: