Anime Lights
December 11, 2017, 03:39:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you watched lately?  (Read 4613 times)
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 11, 2010, 09:27:20 pm »

There are a great many anime series that I've never seen, and will make time for lots of them.  As my avatar pic might suggest I've been watching Naruto Shippuden, right up to the latest episodes from Japan.  I started watching it subbed around the beginning of this year, after catching the rest of the first series from where Cartoon Network cut it off.  It was great having a couple more to watch every day.  Waiting a week, or two, for the next part of the story can be agonizing, even if it's what you get if you live in Japan.  ^^;
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 07:29:49 pm »

Very recently I've been watching some of the episodes of 12 Kingdoms again, but it's such a great show that there can never be too much. The show is a bit violent, but the story is good and the character development is very strong - maybe the best I've ever seen. Also, I recently acquired DVD's of the first 7 episodes of the Tenchi Muyo OAV's. It was really great to see one of my old favorites again. ^_^

Oh my goodness! What would we do without our friends?
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 09:04:15 pm »

I'll have to check out 12 Kingdoms for myself.  I'll be watching some more Tenchi soon, Tenchi in Tokyo.  It wasn't my favorite of the three that Toonami ran, but I look forward to checking it out again after all these years, especially without cuts or commercials.  Gotta check out Saint Knight's Tale too!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:07:45 pm by Webmaster_Kami » Logged
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 06:37:51 pm »

Another show that I started watching is one of those that I downloaded some months ago, but just getting to watch it now. Kämpfer starts out like a magical girl type combat show, but rather quickly becomes apparent that there doesn't seem to be any plot at all. It's like a mixture of Code Geass and Haruhi Suzumiya if that is even possible. ^_^;; It can be very funny at times, but be sure to check your brain at the door before watching Kämpfer. Oh, and some liking of yuriness is also required. ^_^;;

Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 11:29:52 pm »

Hmm, the only show I've seen that sounds similar to that would be Bobobo.  ^_^;;  Not much of a plot in that one, but it's hard to imagine any other show being as silly and seemingly random.  I'm enjoying Tenchi in Tokyo, it's better than i remembered.  I don't recall what cuts were made back on Toonami, but I'm sure that there was no reference to Washu's homemade sake when Ryoko wasn't feeling well and missed Tenchi's departure.
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 09:42:58 am »

I finished watching Kämpfer and it does have a little bit of a plot after all but it is only part of the first couple and last couple episodes. Well, the last episode is the Christmas special which doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the anime. The Christmas special is Abenobashi-grade wacky and had me going O.o;; wtf? through most of it lol. The middle of the series is just a lot of episodes of romance comedy with gender bending thrown in. It's kinda too bad because I thought that the Kämpfer battles at the beginning and end of the series were pretty badass, much like Nanoha Striker S. For the comedy part, I thought that Ranma½ was a bit better. However since you're a Tenchi Muyo fan you might find the fights of the ladies Shizuku and Akane over the clueless twit Natsuru eerily similar to the fights of Ryoko and Ayeka over the clueless Tenchi. Otherwise I'd probably recommend skipping over this series.

PizzaRolls
Hollow

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 10:27:42 am »

At the moment I am watching Lucky Star and about to move on to either Baldr Force EXE or Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoboshi before I am able to purchase Gundam Wing next week.

Do you guys have any opinion on Solty Rei, Kanon, or Eureka Seven?  I'm looking into gettings those soon too.

Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 04:27:32 pm »

I've never missed an anime on Adult Swim, so I'm familiar with Eureka Seven.  It was, hmm....  Interesting, a bit weird and I personally found certain violent scenes to be disturbing.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 06:43:54 am »

Currently watching Nana and Panty and Stocking with Garter belt.

Non-anime wise I'm watching the current series of Doctor Who and Psychoville.

I've tracked down one of the Ring television series, gotta get around to watching it.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 01:57:13 pm »

Watching simulcast Naruto Shippuden episodes, and Xenosaga through Netflix streaming.  Like I mentioned above, I've never missed an anime aired on Adult Swim (excluding a couple pure comedies).  Right now they've got Bleach, Kekkaishi, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.  The last one is my current favorite on Adult Swim, it's more interesting than the original series since it has more manga material to use, and the story progresses quickly, even with over 60 episodes.  (Not that anything is wrong with a show having battles that frequently drag on for a while.  ^^;)

What's Psychoville like?
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 08:27:06 am »

Hilarious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BYkbHv-bQ
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 09:22:03 am »

This is one that I just started so I can't really say that much about it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12120

The characters are cute, but the setting and story are very dark. The impressions I get remind me of a modernistic Utena or X/1999 or a combination of both.

Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 08:52:17 pm »

Still watching the latest episode of Shippuden each week.  I've been a bit surprised that it's continued without interruption since the tsunami.  Besides the latest anime that Adult Swim is showing (Durarara!! is kind of odd), I've been watching Blood+ through Netflix streaming.  I can remember much of it from when AS ran it, but it's fun to watch, and seems a bit messier than what I can recall.  Also watched Blood: The Last Vampire for the first time last week.  Though the TV series was based loosely on it, each version of Saya is wildly different.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 07:36:31 pm »

After Blood+, I watched Trinity Blood through Netflix.  I had seen it on Adult Swim, but hadn't remembered much from it.  After Trinity Blood, I started Orphen, also through Netflix, a late 90s fantasy anime that I'm enjoying.  It's been compared to Slayers, though I think it may have more in common with Harry Potter.  I rented the first Slayers series a while back, may stream the later ones after Orphen 2.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: