Anime Lights
May 27, 2018, 04:36:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sundays Bad for Halloween?  (Read 2030 times)
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 01, 2010, 12:25:26 am »

There was talk on the local news about how Sunday was awful for Halloween, with varying reasons given.  Ghosts, ghouls and other unholy stuff on the day many go to church.  Kids eating tons of candy on a school night (some areas just give kids the following day off if it's a weekday).  A Sunday Halloween also interferes with football viewing, apparently.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 01:09:39 am »

Here, it was held on Saturday. Most people around here go to church related parties for Halloween. There's one that has trick or treating in their parking lot, another church has a "Hallelujah Parade", and another has a Hell House. We still get trick or treaters though.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 10:14:42 pm »

Pretty sure there weren't any Hell Houses up this way.  Considering the typical material they use, I wonder, do they let kids in there?  Sounds much less kid-friendly than traditional Halloween stuff.

There were just a lot of trick or treaters around this area on Sunday night.  At least two seasonal Halloween stores were set up in town in buildings previously vacant.  The one I went to today was using half of the old Circuit City.

http://www.spirithalloween.com/
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 10:43:27 pm »

They let kids in, you have to scare them into believing young.
There's a seasonal Halloween store next town over, but all they really have are costumes.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 11:09:18 pm »

That's pretty much what Hell has always been about.  You know, I saw part of a show recently that had a guy explaining how the bible indirectly supports the existence of ghosts.  When Jesus comes back, he says he's no ghost, but doesn't deny they exist, either.

This store did have a lot of costumes, but there were plenty of decorations and such.  They had some haunted house style structures set up, the most memorable had to be the playpen toward the back.  A bunch of over-sized, rotting, hungry zombie babies in different colors, all on sale I think.  There was a lot of empty space and they probably had more stuff weeks ago, I got a little LED ghost and a glow in the dark skull.  Michael Jackson's Thriller started playing the instant I entered the store, of course.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:25:36 am by Webmaster_Kami » Logged
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 12:39:41 am »

The fiery torture pit ruled over by Lucifer idea doesn't exist in the Bible. Very little of what Fundamentalist Christianity teaches is found in the Bible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: