Anime Lights
April 22, 2018, 03:00:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starz Remaking Noir  (Read 1404 times)
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« on: November 12, 2010, 04:01:44 pm »

According to Hollywood Reporter, the U.S. cable network Starz is in the development stage on a live-action series titled "Noir." The show is a remake of the 2001 anime series of the same name about two female assassins who carry out their missions while piecing together their own mysterious pasts and the reason they have been partnered together.

Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert are executive producers for the series. The two worked together on "Spartacus," as well as films such as "Drag Me to Hell" and the "Evil Dead" series.
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-6976

This might not be terrible.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:24:50 pm »

Looks like a reasonable candidate for a live-action adaptation, I don't think I've seen the anime though.
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 12:15:44 pm »

I haven't seen Noir either, but from what I know about it - dark themed, violent, guns, etc - makes me think that it might go over well with an American audience. Sam Raimi does some pretty good work so I agree with Galaxia, a live action Noir could be worthwhile seeing.

Oh my goodness! What would we do without our friends?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: