Anime Lights
May 27, 2018, 04:35:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How was Thanksgiving?  (Read 2041 times)
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 25, 2010, 07:05:52 pm »

My Thanksgivings tend to be unusual, especially this year.  Today, I had lunch by a lighthouse, and later walked on a sandy beach.  Both locations were sunny, scenic, and chilly.  I was surprised by the number of people out and about.  I had fun, and I'll post some pics soon.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 09:56:19 am »

The usual, boring meal.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 10:34:39 am »

Had something more like a traditional Thanksgiving meal last night, stuffing and the like, though no family gathering.  A few times, we've gone to restaurants on Thanksgiving.  An Indian place one year, and a Chinese one another.  We found the Chinese place by wandering around looking for anything that was open, and didn't require reservations.  We almost settled for Papa John's that night.  One year we went to a Thanksgiving restaurant (http://www.hartsturkeyfarm.com/), which was of course packed.  Seemed like some families had gathered at hotels along the beach on Thursday for their meals.  Nice view, but you had to dress for winter to stay on the sand for long.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:02:13 am by Webmaster_Kami » Logged
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 03:55:12 pm »

I went to my brother's house and we had dinner there this year. I'm pretty that it was their first time doing it so I guess it went okay. It was a pretty typical social party but some did go out for a walk to the park near his house. It was about 20F outside so I stayed at the house and watched Spongebob with the kiddies. lol

Oh my goodness! What would we do without our friends?
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 03:55:31 pm »

I've never been to a restaurant on Thanksgiving, I imagine its like that scene from a Christmas Story.
We put up Christmas decorations yesterday, including our new Santa pig.

Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 03:58:05 pm »

Santa Piggie ... he eats my wallet every year ... lol

Oh my goodness! What would we do without our friends?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: