Anime Lights
January 22, 2018, 12:06:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Action Galaxy Express 999  (Read 1186 times)
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2011, 08:21:39 pm »

Legendary manga and anime creator Leiji Matsumoto has revealed that another one of his works is getting a live-action treatment. In a recently published interview, he briefly mentioned that an adaptation of "Galaxy Express 999" is in the works.

Regarding the cast, Matsumoto noted that "there are Japanese actresses who look like Maetel and Emeraldas," but so far no one has been found to play the part of Captain Harlock. He indicated that he may have to cast someone outside of Japan in order to achieve a strong resemblance to the character.

No other details about the project were revealed.

Matsumoto's "Space Battleship Yamato" was turned into a live-action film starring SMAP's Takuya Kimura. That film opened in theaters this past December and earned more than 940 million yen in its first five days.
http://community.livejournal.com/aramatheydidnt/1858272.html

I liked the original film, I wonder which actresses he has in mind.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:34:41 pm »

I tend to have trouble picturing an anime series translated into live action, though I've yet to see any adaptations from Japan.  Sounds like they do well over there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: