Anime Lights
January 21, 2018, 11:49:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Mario All-Stars Shipment  (Read 1598 times)
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 15, 2011, 11:47:01 pm »

Nintendo fans who have been putting off picking up Super Mario All-Stars will get one last chance to grab the commemorative pack. Nintendo announced today that it is readying a final shipment of the currently almost-sold-out compilation, which was released last December to mark the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. The last batch will arrive in stores on March 13.

Retailing for $30, Super Mario All-Stars contains four classic Super Mario Bros. titles, as well as a commemorative art booklet and soundtrack CD. The four titles included in the bundle are Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Mario Bros. 3. All four bundled titles feature "updated graphics" and "enhanced sound."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6299096.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B3

I think "updated graphics" just means the 1993 SNES release runs in 480p, but we've been enjoying those old games here, they're exactly as we remember them.  That lack of change doesn't please everyone, since some might have bought the 8-bit versions of the games at Nintendo's online store already, and expect more.  ^^;  Still, the $30 copies should go fast.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:56:22 pm by Webmaster_Kami » Logged
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:03:18 am »

I wouldn't mind a straight port of the SNES game, I loved it, ancient graphics or not.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 10:52:23 am »

It's like going back in time when I see them.  We always liked the 16-bit versions the best, maybe because we didn't get our first console until after the 80s.  We got an SNES about a year after getting an NES if I remember right.  I remember the day when dad surprised me with an SNES and Super Empire Strikes Back.  I was blown away by the graphics and action.  Sure, it only vaguely followed the movie story, and had you blasting hordes of creatures that didn't appear in the film, but it was still great fun.  It had the first of many Hoth battle versions we'd end up owning.  We've had at least 5 games where you get into a snow speeder to take out AT-ATs.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:08:55 pm »

There had to be some sort of rule that SNES tie in games had to be only vaguely related to the show. I must of had at least 3 different games from TV shows that were the same side scroll walk along and beat up enemies game. Even the Sailor Moon games were like that. She didn't even use her wand.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 02:09:29 pm »

I think it was standard practice to take elements of the show/movie and turn into something like Super Mario Bros.  Home Alone 2 on SNES had you battling vacuum cleaners at the Plaza Hotel.  Home Alone on NES actually had you running around the house dropping traps for the burglars to stumble over, which was pretty close to the movie.  But, the NES also had the Back to the Future trilogy, where you'd spend time stomping mutant, sentient hamburgers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: