Anime Lights
July 16, 2018, 11:10:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: E3 Announcements  (Read 1397 times)
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 07, 2011, 05:27:42 pm »

Nintendo unveiled the Wii U, which is centered around a tablet-like controller and is backward-compatible with Wii controllers.  So far it doesn't seem to be impressing the hardcore gamers, but it looks promising to me, especially with the third party support that the original Wii (and GameCube?) was lacking.  I just wonder how much each Wii U controller will cost, with 6.2 inch touch screens.

Nintendo found lightning in a bottle with the Wii and with Wii U--the company’s upcoming console--it might have found the bottling plant. Wii U builds upon the barriers broken by the Wii and takes advantage of a touchscreen-equipped controller that offer players a new way to interact with games paired with a console capable of HD visuals.

To save you the effort and grief of reading through the whole article we’ll just state up front that Nintendo did not disclose many pertinent details of its next system at E3 2011. There’s no official price point. And there’s no specific release date. It might come out somewhere between April Fool’s Day and New Years Eve in 2012. The rumors were also correct about Wii U. It’s most definitely going to be running in high definition and the controller is every bit as outlandish as we were led to believe. Probably more so.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6317199/e3-2011-nintendo-wii-u-inside-and-out/

Sony has the PlayStation Vita coming by the end of the year.  The price will be somewhat low for a brand new piece of hardware.  Most people seem to hate the name, but it'll catch on.

At E3 2011, Sony's Next Generation Portable (NGP) finally got a name: Vita. Sony revealed a number of other important details. However, the handheld still has no official release date outside of a holiday 2011 release window. A Wi-Fi-only version will cost $249, and a Wi-Fi/3G model will retail for $299. US-based 3G service will be provided by AT&T, but Sony didn't reveal any pricing for the data plans or whether they would be contractual or monthly. European pricing for the console will be €249(Wi-Fi) and €299 (Wi-Fi/3G), while Japanese pricing will be ¥24,980 (Wi-Fi) and ¥29,980 (Wi-Fi/3G).

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6317468/e3-2011-sony-playstation-vita-inside-and-out/

I'm still more inclined to get a 3DS this year, if I get a portable.
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:33:08 pm »

The 3G feature is nice - a direct connection to the net available almost everywhere. No more leeching! XD

Oh my goodness! What would we do without our friends?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: