Anime Lights
July 17, 2018, 04:10:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New Warcraft Expansion  (Read 8549 times)
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2010, 07:55:36 am »

http://www.1up.com/news/world-warcraft-cataclysm-confirmed-december-7

Looks like we won't be seeing Kami for awhile.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 04:51:13 pm »

Hehe, I won't totally disappear.  It's good to see a solid release date.  Blizzard is notorious for waiting as long as possible to set a date.  One previous rumor said January, which wouldn't have worked well for me.  Worgen should be fun to play.
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 02:08:59 pm »

Pearl Harbor Day ... erm, well I guess the choice could have been worse. ^_^;; The Tuesday before Thanksgiving would have been better since I have that week off from work ... oh wait Blizzard employees probably do too ... >_< 12/7 works okay for another reason, on 12/5 it will be a year since I quit WoW, so it will be a full year free of wowcrack before I fall off the wagon again ... lol. This time around I'm not going to put a lot of hours into the new expansion like I did last time, so hopefully I won't wind up bored shitless before next summer.

Oh my goodness! What would we do without our friends?
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 05:14:17 pm »

You always want to get a game out before Christmas, they cut it pretty close.  The date works for me because I have a three week course to take in November, and then further courses starting in January.  Thanksgiving would have been a bit better, but I'll still have a few weeks to check out the new stuff.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 05:27:32 am »

That short? What courses are you taking?
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 01:22:16 pm »

The one in November is just a required seminar for getting acquainted with online courses.  The real classes will start in January.  I had planned on starting in the fall, but signed up a bit late.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 03:22:55 pm »

Oh, my English class is partially online. Every other week. I couldn't take a fully online class, the rest of the internet is too distracting.
You have to apply the semester beforehand, especially if you're getting student aid to go.

Speaking of English class, I have a paper to write.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 06:33:25 pm »

Oh, and I should mention, get a copy of MSOffice. I know iWork can convert documents to office format, but it sucks at it. Every computer at my school runs either Windows 7 or XP and can't read the converted documents for some reason. They hate Open Office too. In my required computer class that was all about MSOffice, we had a chance to get the whole thing for around $50, instead of the $100 or whatever retail is. Take the offer if you get it or you're in for headache after headache.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 11:37:31 pm »

Hmm, I've been told Open Office would work for what I'll be doing.  I'll make sure I have what I'll need.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 10:27:19 am »

They never told us anything about required software, I just got emails from my teachers saying they couldn't open my files.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 10:59:56 am »

Through a fortunate coincidence, they had the last major WoW patch (before the expansion) right as my online orientation was ending.  It's the "Shattering" that's changed all the oldest areas of the game.  They altered the terrain, changed or added a ton of quests, and seemed to make graphic improvements without losing the "cartoony" feel.  A lot of stuff added, and two cities have been remodeled with much smarter designs.  Fewer dead ends, and little wasted space.  One surprising thing, to me, was the removal of "portal rooms", which made it easy to get to other cities quickly.  Though with all the new class trainers and other NPCs, there's less of a need to keep traveling between cities.

Pretty sure that Everquest had a portal room idea too.  I recall going to a travel hub, and then finding myself in some swamp near the troll city, with no clue of what direction to go in.  Not unlike the Port Authority in NYC the first time you visit.
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 03:50:46 pm »

Just 8 more days until 1st no-WoW anniversary. XD

I read something about them taking the portal thing rooms out of Dalaran and Shatt but I thought that they were going to leave them in the old word cities. I also heard that mages will get a pull down menu for portal spells which will be nice. The last I remember Aly had a full shortcut bar and part of another just for all of the portal spells.

Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 04:37:46 pm »

An anniversary that happens to be close to the expansion launch.  XD

I'm pretty sure they haven't added any new city portal areas.  I think their intention was to spread players out and make them use boats and zeppelins again.  They've improved the travel routes too, like dropping you off inside Orgrimmar, or at Rut'theran Village if you're coming in from Stormwind.

They did add a pull down menu for mage portal spells, probably teleports too.  They also set the minimum level for teleports to 24.  I've yet to see dwarf mages (plenty of dwarf shamans running around), but I've spotted orc mages.  Blizz seems to be doing a good business with character re-customizations, not everyone is starting a fresh toon to try new race/class combos.
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 09:40:20 am »

Hmm, maybe I should try for 2 years? Lately, our company has had us on 10 hour days so by the time I get home after 10 hours on the comp, spending more time in front of a screen isn't really all that appealing these days. ^_^;;

Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 10:08:23 am »

Understandable.  ^_^;;

It'll be crowded around the expansion launch, in any case.  A lot of old players will likely come back to check out the new stuff.  A few months from now, they'll start leaving to play other games again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: