Anime Lights
August 19, 2018, 08:40:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Recently opened!  Register and say hello!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: College!  (Read 3764 times)
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 18, 2010, 12:24:38 am »

This month, I've been taking an online orientation to prepare for college classes early next year.  The orientation itself is a class with a lot of work to do.  It ends right after Thanksgiving, and I'm looking forward to the break before a full schedule.  I'll spend some time working on site projects.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:26:11 am by Webmaster_Kami » Logged
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

circe154@hotmail.com circe89 circe154
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 06:37:54 am »

Congradulations! Is the school also online?
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:06:05 am »

Yeah, it will all be online.  Frequent discussion participation will be a focus of every class.  At least ten substantial posts each week, on at least five different days and with two posts each of those days.  I can usually think of something to post, but it's a lot different from high school, where I usually got away with sitting there silently doing my work.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 12:31:57 pm »

I'm glad I stuck with offline school. I couldn't do that.
Maki-chan
Gillian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 01:50:19 pm »

Online school wasn't an option for me, but I really did like a lot of social aspects of college life back then. Some of it wasn't all that conducive to studying (the parties and whatnot lol) but it made school a whole lot less boring and tedious. Hopefully you'll do well with the online study and get a degree certificate in a few years. ^_^

Oh my goodness! What would we do without our friends?
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 10:26:33 pm »

I'm wondering if those parties are important for alleviating the stress that comes with college work.  ^_^;

In any case, I just finished my first quarter and I'm doing pretty well.  No spring break for online colleges, it seems.  I'll take classes continuously until the end of June, I think.  I'm starting an HTML programming course that will make me a lot more familiar with stuff that I've just fooled around with for the past 10 years.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:28:24 pm by Webmaster_Kami » Logged
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 11:38:58 pm »

Got a laptop recently, partly to add flexibility to where and when I can do homework.  It's been working out well for school, and being able to play computer games on my TV through HDMI output is cool, too.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 02:43:27 pm »

I'd like a laptop for class, but the mice on those things drive me nuts.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 04:04:04 pm »

I've been using my old Apple mouse with the laptop.  An additional keyboard can also be plugged into one of the USB ports if needed.  I'm getting a wireless mouse, which should let me use the TV for computer games more easily.  (The Apple mouse has a pretty short cord.)  I can manage to move the cursor with the laptop's built-in touch pad, though I wouldn't want to depend on it for long periods.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 12:00:08 pm »

Yeah, apple mice are meant to be plugged into the keyboard. I hate touch pads. My English final was last week, and I turned in my Spanish take home test this afternoon, I just need to finish my history take home before tomorrow and e-mail it to the professor. I'm skipping Humanities though, I've got an A in that class so it won't hurt my grade, and I do not want to remember all those stupid terms.
I've already scheduled my classes for next semester.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:02:34 pm by Galaxia » Logged
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 04:57:22 pm »

Most of my courses last 6 weeks, so they have to move through material quickly, and with multiple courses it gets to be challenging to find time for all the work.  I have about one more week to go in HTML Programming and Introductory Algebra.  My average grade for the winter quarter was an A, and I might maintain that if I work hard in the next several days.  A week from Thursday, the second session of the spring quarter begins, but I'll just have Web Design to worry about through June.  They aren't handling registrations for classes beyond the spring quarter yet, but I'll soon be dealing with that.
Galaxia
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 07:55:14 pm »

I have about 3 months until classes start again, I was thinking about taking a class or two during the summer, but they're so rushed I can't see myself doing well in them. I had to drop my algebra class this semester because the professor didn't teach, all he did was tell us about Vietnam and his medical problems. I dropped just in time too, a class later he showed off his bunions. x.x I can't wait until my math requirements are over.
Webmaster_Kami
Administrator
Vasto Lorde

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 10:06:21 pm »

Summer classes will be available, but I don't plan on taking any right now.  I'll need a break, and it'll be fun to try out all the new things I learned from HTML Programming and Web Design during that free time.  That's a strange topic for a math teacher to dwell on in class.  0.0  There's virtually no discussion of things outside the course material in my "virtual classrooms", from teachers or students.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: